I like the crust of a pie as much — if not more! — than whatever is filling it. That buttery, flaky, and crisp shell can make or break a good pie. Personally, I like to make pie crust from scratch. I enjoy the process of measuring, kneading, rolling, and fluting, but sometimes you don’t have the time. It’s summer — who wants to be stuck in the kitchen? That’s where Pillsbury Pie Crusts come in handy. They are found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store and the most difficult thing about them is opening the box. Just unroll, bake, and fill. That’s it. Plus, it turns out perfectly every time. Even Cook’s Illustrated magazine — the authority for testing products — recommends the Pillsbury Pie Crusts.
These 4 Ingredient Strawberry Pies are the easiest little pies you’ll ever make and I bet they’ll be your new go-to favorite. Do it! If you don’t have a mini pie pan, the recipe will make a 9-inch pie.
- 1 box (2 crusts) Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll dough and cut out 3 5-1/2-inch rounds from each crust. Press dough into a 6 cavity mini pie pan. Alternately, press 1 pie crust into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- While crust is baking, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add 2 cups strawberries and mash the berries into the sugar and cornstarch mixture with a potato masher. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat until the mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries. Continue to cook for a few more minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Divide the strawberry mixture among cooled pie shells, about ⅓ cup for each. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
Serve with fresh whipped cream, if desired.