This time of year the sweetest gifts of all are the ones you make yourself.
We’re all crazy-busy enjoying the holidays but if you have 10 minutes to spare, this little addictive recipe for “10 Minute Spiced Pretzels” might be just what you want to have on hand when the munchies come a calling and I bet you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
And as an added bonus, the cinnamon baking in the oven will make your entire house smell like Christmastime!
- ⅔ cup sugar (I used a combination of granulated white and turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or other desired spice — I used half cinnamon and half pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 8-ounces store bought mini pretzels (about 5-6 cups)
- Heat oven to 325. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, spice, and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg white until light and frothy. Add the pretzels and toss to coat. Then, add the pretzels to the sugar mixture and toss to coat and place in a single layer on prepared pans.
- Bake 8 minutes and turn the oven off. Let the pretzels remain in the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until dry and crisp, before removing to cool completely.